Make your floral arrangements last longer! Their longevity varies, depending on the type of flowers and the type of care they receive. To maximise its lifespan please use these simple steps to care for your flowers:
1. Upon receipt of your fresh flower delivery, you should carefully remove all packaging and re-cut the stems (approx 2 cm). Always cut the stems at a sharp angle using a knife or very sharp scissors. Cut the stems while the stem is submerged in water, which allows the stems to draw in water instead of air.
2. Immediately place the flowers in a clean, deep vase filled with cool water containing flower food otherwise they will dry out
3. If the flower food solution becomes cloudy, replace it entirely and repeat step 2. If possible, re-cut the stems.
4. Remove any foliage up to the rim of the vase. Leaves in the water will consume the nutrients in the flower food and promote bacterial growth, causing the flowers to wilt quickly.
5. Keep flowers in a cool room, away from direct sunlight.
6. Repeat the process three or four days later, removing any wilting or dead flower heads.